Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer is half over?!

Wow!  Time flies when you're a starving artist!  I have worked a total of two days this month!   Urgh!  Wth?!

Sigh

"They" keep saying the industry here will pick up.  You know.  After slow season is over (DONE), it's a late start because shows were cancelled(true, but some were also picked up), after the HST referendum here in BC(never should have been put in place in the first place!) which is set to be closed on Aug 5th (get your votes in!).  Well, Elysium is filming here, and is so far my paltry income helper.  I've never, NEVER, seen it so slow.  How's a girls supposed to pay her bills and eat?  O.O

Have to admit, it was tres tres tres exciting to see Matt Damon on set!  Was staring right at him as he walked towards me and I didn't even recognize him at first!  Not because it didn't look like him, but because I never expected to get that close to him!  LOL!  He got closer and closer and when he was a few feet away, it donned on me.  He smiled big at my look of surprised recognition and chuckled when I then said "Hi there!".  Good grief, I'm not usually a star-struck acting kinda person, but wow!  He's just a cute in person, and that smile is killer!  :D

So, on a different day I had the wonderful chance to have Alice Braga walk by me.  She's shorter than I thought she'd be and pretty.

I don't tend to try to talk to the main actors on set, I know how it is.  I've been a principal before plenty and you do need to focus.  If a main isn't in need of that, THEY'LL let you know.  They'll make eye-contact and smile, which is more that nice of them, or even talk to you.  Danny Glover is like that.  I worked on a show with him in it and he was so nice about talking to the other young actors of African descent.  I'm sure it was bombastic for them!

I have had the opportunity of talking to some of my faves as well!  Like Graham Green, prominent Native Actor!  He's great!  Easy going and fun.  I loved that experience.  Same with Tom Jackson, he's so tall in person.  You know he's tall, but then he's in front of you and it's like, Wow!  His voice is so pleasant too!

I am happy to say that I have yet to have a bad experience.  There have been some unpleasant weather scenarios, and low budget films/tv shows can be tough at times if you come unprepared, but they are all worthy experiences.  As a vegan, the food can be challenging too, but most projects have great caterers.

Well, that's my stuff for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment